Thursday, November 3, 2011

Family Affair


Thank you to the community who follows Playing From The Forward Tees, a blog by my wonderful sister, Lisa. Way to give her brother a chance to write it up.

As you well know, Playing From The Forward Tees is all about Lisa’s journey, her pathway to the pursuit of excellence for her real love of Golf. All of that and more recently was revealed with Lisa’s trip to Las Vegas, Nevada. Please know that I would love to think that Lisa was just visiting me in Vegas but I knew better. So this prose is in ode to her trip with positive reasons to push for support with shameless promotion.

Lisa went to the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospital For Children Open recently held at TPC Summerlin , the home of Pro Golf in Vegas.

I got to tag along with her when I could on Thursday, September 29, 2011 and yes Lisa wanted me to tell it, tell it about that day together. I will soon. But how could I really do that now? Really, missing out on the day before was crucial . I had to miss the MGM Resorts International Championship Pro-Am on Wednesday, September 28, 2011.

One professional golfer with three amateurs made it all work with each grouping. And the stars were out there too. Not just as celebrities but people of influence who make a difference through their positive work.


For example, Justin Timberlake's grouping consisted of :

Trevor Immelman – the 2008 Masters Tournament Champion is really known for his swing.

Cedric The Entertainer - Can he tell jokes? Yes ! Thank you for the overall funny career and all the positive work you do, for real. The Cedric The Entertainer Charitable Foundation, Inc. provides scholarships and positively encourages students to achieve.

George Lopez - As Research Fellow for the NLCA, National Latino Cosmetology Association Foundation , I get to visit Beauticians, Barbers, massage therapists, estheticians and many who make cosmetology work where they work. I’ll just state the performances of George Lopez have influential effects for better patronage in the salons and shops.

**For the record, my favorite JT tune is Senorita.

Rarely am I speechless in peaceful respect regarding the work of people in the public eye. Mr. Timberlake’s charitable work really speaks and helps. In that realm, his record of success is beyond platinum.

I've enjoyed taking over Lisa's blog. Thanks for tweeting my picture Lisa and thank you for the retweet - Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospital For Children Open -

No comments: