Saturday, December 31, 2011

I resolve to have more Golf in my Life…

As we get ready to enter 2012 I’m reflective of my golf experiences in 2011 and looking for ways to enhance in 2012.

In 2012, I resolve to add a minimum of one PGA tour event to my spectator schedule. Last year I attended the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospital Open for Children and the Children’s Miracle Network Classic at Walt Disney World. Disney and Bay Hill have always been staples for me and I’m excited to add the JTShriners Open to my list. And next year it’s officially during my birthday. Perhaps, I can get Justin to do a special birthday waggle at the first tee ;)

This year, the Children’s Miracle Network Classic at Walt Disney World because my Fairy Golf Father (Alonzo Mourning) played in the Pro-Am. The second day he was paired with Miracle Child Ashtyn Brown. Ashtyn, who is on the golf team at Ball State University, fought acute lymphoblastic leukemia twice. She wasn’t supposed to live, let alone flourish and play golf. In her struggle to get better, Ashtyn received a kidney transplant, just like Alonzo. So on that day, on that course, there were two warriors! I felt so incredibly blessed to be able to witness proof that God hears prayers.

I resolve to play more Golf. Ok, twist my arm on that one. Actually, I resolve to play in at least one tournament that isn’t a scramble. It’s time to tap into my competitive spirit and play in more trash talking based tourneys!

I resolve to take more lessons to improve my game. I recently bought a package that includes 10 golf clinics at the Nick Faldo Golf Institute. I resolve to actually utilize all 10!

And lastly I resolve to do better in updating my blog and sharing my love for this game!

My wish for each of you in 2012 is that you too find a way to enjoy the things you love and kick it up a notch!

2 comments:

Patricia Hannigan said...

Lisa, You should consider coming up to CT for the Travelers Championship!

Lisa Z said...

My goal is to win the lottery and go to all the tourneys!